PhD (Jadavpur, Kolkata)
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru 560012, INDIA
Laboratory: +918022932950; +918022933306 Ext(s): 2094; 2085
The broad research areas of our group are in the fields of Experimental Physical and Materials Chemistry. The group focuses on studies related to diverse electrochemical processes and specializes in the chemical design of novel and advanced multifunctional materials having very high relevance to energy, environment and biological applications:
- Electrodes and Electrolytes for Energy Storage Devices(Rechargeable Batteries, Fuel cells, Supercapacitors)
- Semiconductors for Solar Photon Harvesting((Photocatalysis, Photovoltaics)
- Materials for Sensing and Actuation
- Bio-redox Processes Under confinement
- Structure-Property Correlations
- 1. Monalisa Patel, Kodihalli G. Chandrappa, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2008): “Increasing ionic conductivity and mechanical strength of a plastic electrolyte by inclusion of a polymer”, Electrochim. Acta (Elsevier) 54, 209-215.
- Shobhna Kapoor, Rajesh Hegde, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2009): “Influence of surface chemistry of mesoporous alumina with wide pore distribution on controlled drug release”, J. Control. Release (Elsevier) 140, 34-39.
- Supti Das, Siriyara J. Prathapa, Pramod V. Menezes, Tayur N. Guru Row, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2009): “Study of ion transport in lithium perchlorate-succinonitrile plastic crystalline electrolyte via ionic conductivity and in situ cryo crystallography”,J. Phys. Chem. B (ACS) 113, 5025-5031.
- Shyamal K. Das, Srikarrao Darmakolla, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2010): “High lithium storage in micrometer sized mesoporous spherical self-assembly of anatase titania nanospheres and carbon”, J. Mater. Chem. (RSC) 20, 1600-1606.
- Shyamal K. Das, Soumit S. Mandal, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2011): “Ionic conductivity, mechanical strength and Li-ion battery performance of mono-functional and bi-functional (‘‘Janus’’) ‘‘soggy sand’’ electrolytes”,Energy Environ. Sci. (RSC) 4, 1391-1399.
- K Shiva, HSSR Matte, H.B. Rajendra, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya, C.N.R. Rao (2013): “Employing synergistic interactions between few-layer WS2 and reduced graphene oxide to improve lithium storage, cyclability and rate capability of Li-ion batteries”, Nano Energy 2, 787-793.
- Soumit S. Mandal, Karthik Narayan Kotha, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2013): Employing denaturation for rapid electrochemical detection of myoglobin using TiO2 nanotubes, J. Mater. Chem. B (RSC) 1, 3051-3056.
- S. Mazumdar, Tamilselvan Muthusamy, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2015): Optimizing photovoltaic response by tuning light-harvesting nanocrystal shape synthesized using a quick liquid–gas phase reaction, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces (ACS) 7, 28188-28196.
- S. Sen, D. Dutta, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2015): Mixed ionic-electronic conducting nano-structured sulfur electrode for high capacity and long life rechargeable lithium-sulfur battery, J. Mater. Chem. A (RSC) 3, 20958-20965.
- Sudeshna Sen, Rudresha B. Jayappa, Haijin Zhu, Maria Forsyth, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya (2016): “A single cation or anion dendrimer-based liquid electrolyte”, Chem. Sci. (RSC) 7, 3390-3398.