The research group broadly focuses on frontline areas of Experimental Physical and Materials Chemistry. Research interests, primarily focus on studies related to diverse electrochemical systems and processes of relevance to energy harvesting and storage. Additionally, the group specializes in the design of novel and advanced multifunctional materials for the development of high performance energy systems (batteries, supercapacitors, solar photon harvesting devices), sensors and remedial measures related to environment.
Research keywords: Physical and Materials Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Energy (Batteries, Supercapacitors, Catalysis, H2 generation), Environment (CO2), Soft Matter (Polymer/Ionic Liquid-based conductors, Electroactive biomolecules
- Shyamal K. Das, Srikarrao Darmakolla and Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2010, “High lithium storage in micrometer sized mesoporous spherical self-assembly of anatase titania nanospheres and carbon”, J. Mater. Chem. (RSC) 20, 1600-1606.
- Shyamal K. Das, Soumit S. Mandal and Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2011, “Ionic conductivity, mechanical strength and Li-ion battery performance of mono-functional and bi-functional (‘‘Janus’’) ‘‘soggy sand’’ electrolytes”, Energy Environ. Sci. (RSC) 4, 1391-1399.
- K Shiva, HSSR Matte, H.B. Rajendra, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, C.N.R. Rao, 2013, “Employing synergistic interactions between few-layer WS2 and reduced graphene oxide to improve lithium storage, cyclability and rate capability of Li-ion batteries”, Nano Energy 2, 787-793.
- Monalisa Patel, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2011, “Utilizing an ionic liquid for synthesizing a soft matter polymer “gel” electrolyte for high rate capability lithium-ion batteries”, J. Mater. Chem. (RSC) 214, 17419-17424.
- S. Mazumdar, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2013, “Dependence of electron recombination time and light to electricity conversion efficiency on shape of nanocrystal light sensitizer”, Energy Environ. Sci. (RSC) 6, 1494-1498.
- S. Sen, D. Dutta, and Aninda J. Bhattacharyya,* 2015, “Mixed Ionic-Electronic Conducting Nano-structured Sulfur Electrode for High Capacity and Long Life Rechargeable Lithium-Sulfur Battery. J. Mater. Chem. A (RSC) 3, 20958-20965.
- S. Das, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2012, “Time−temperature scaling of conductivity spectra of organic plastic crystalline conductors”, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. (ACS) 3, 3550-3554.
- Soumit S. Mandal, Karthik Narayan Kotha and Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2013, “Employing denaturation for rapid electrochemical detection of myoglobin using TiO2 nanotubes”, J. Mater. Chem. B (RSC) 1, 3051-3056.
- Subhra Gope, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2018, “Using metal oxide nanoparticle interlayer to catalytically anchor polysulfides at high mass loading S-cathodes in Li-S rechargeable battery”, ACS Appl. Energy Mater. (ACS) 1, 6, 2942-2954
- Rudra N. Samajdar, Sweta M. George, Aninda J. Bhattacharyya*, 2019, “Using Hemoglobin as a Performance Enhancer in Rechargeable Lithium-Oxygen Batteries”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 123, 23433-23438.