Research Interest – Inorganic Solid State Chemistry
Synthesis, structure and mechanistic studies of framework solids
Magnetic interactions in low-dimensional solids
Heterogeneous catalysis, photocatalysis, ionic and electronic conduction studies
Li-ion Conduction, Ceramic Pigments
- A Luminescent Inorganic-Organic hybrid, [Cd(C16H10N2O8S)(H2O)], for the Selective and Recyclable Detection of Chromates and Dichromates in Aqueous Solution, T. Kundu, K. Manna, A.K. Jana and Natarajan, New J. Chem., 2019, 43, 13262 – 13270.
- New Bi-Functional MOFs and their Utilization in One-Pot Tandem Catalytic Reactions, S. Mistry, A. Sarkar and Natarajan, Crystal Growth & Design, 2019, 19, 2747 – 2755.
- New Members of SHG Active Dugganite Family, A3BC3D2O14 (A = Ba, Pb; B = Te, Sb; C = Al, Ga, Fe, Zn; D = Si, Ge, P, V): Synthesis, Structure, and Materials Properties, A. Bhim, W. Zhang, P.S. Halasyamani, J. Gopalakrishnan and Natarajan, Inorg. Chem., 2019, 58, 8560 – 8569.
- New Porphyrin Assembled Frameworks: Synthesis, Structure and Catalysis, G. Dutta, A.K. Jana, D. Singh, M. Eswaramoorthy and Natarajan, Chemistry – An Asian Journal., 2018, 13, 2677 – 2684.
- Exploring the Corundum Structure as a Host for New Colored Compounds: Synthesis, Structure and Optical Studies on (MM’)3TeO6 (M = Mg, Mn, Co, Ni, Zn; M’ = Mg, Mn, Co, Ni, Cu), A. Bim, J. Gopalakrishnan and Natarajan, European. J. Inorg. Chem., (2018) (Cover Art, VIP Article ) 2277 – 2284 (2018).
- Cu6S6 clusters as a building block for the stabilization of metal-organic framework with NiAs, NaCl and related structures: synthesis, structure and catalytic studies, A.K. Jana and Natarajan, European J. Inorg. Chem., 2018, 739 – 750.
- Zinc Porphyrin-Oxybisbenzoate Assembly into a Two-Dimensional Structure: Synthesis, Structure, Cu-exchange (Single-Crystal to Single-Crystal) and Heterogeneous Catalytic Studies, G. Dutta, A.K. Jana, Natarajan, Chemistry – An Asian Journal, 2018, 13, 66 – 72.
- Color Tuning in Garnet Oxides: The Role of Tetrahedral Coordination Geometry for 3d-Metal Ions and Ligand-Metal Charge Transfer (band gap manipulation), A. Bhim, S. Laha, J. Gopalakrishnan and Natarajan, Chemistry – An Asian Journal (2017) 12, 2734 – 2743 (iCover art, VIP paper).
- Assembling Porphyrins into Extended Network Structures Employing Aromatic Dicarboxylates: Synthesis, Metal-exchange and Heterogeneous Catalytic Studies, G. Dutta, A.K. Jana and Natarajan, Chemistry – A European Journal, 2017, 23, 8932 – 8940.
- Fluorescent MOFs for selective sensing of toxic cations (Tl3+, Hg2+), highly oxidizing anions [(CrO4)2−, (Cr2O7)2−, (MnO4)−] and adsorption/desorption of dyes, A.K. Jana, Natarajan, ChemPlusChem, 2017, 82, 1153 – 1163.
- Selective Separation of Aliphatic Nitriles Employing a Two-Dimensional Interdigitated Coordination Polymer, S. Mistry, R. Hota and Natarajan, Chemistry – An Asian Journal (2017) , 12, 1807 – 1815 (iCover-Art).
- Azide Bridged Cu(II) Assemblies: Synthesis, Structure and Magnetic Properties, S. Mistry, S. Yashonath and Natarajan, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., (2017) 2173 – 2183.
- Solvent Dependent Delamination, Restacking and Ferroelectric Behaviour in a New Charge-Separated Two-dimensional Compound: [NH4][Ag3(C9H5NO4S)2(C13H14N2)2].8H2O, S. Sushrutha, S. Mohana, S. Pal and Natarajan, Chemistry – An Asian Journal, 2017, 12, 101-109 (iCover Art).