Ph.D. University of Illinois
Phone: +91 80 2293 3311/2336
Synthesis, characterization, study of properties and applications of various nanomaterials such as carbon nanotubes, inorganic fullerenes/nanotubes and nanowires.
- A. Ghosh, K. S. Subrahmanyam, K.S. Krishna, S. Datta, A. Govindaraj, S. K. Pati, C. N. R. Rao, “Uptake of H2 and CO2 by graphene”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2008, 112, 15704-15707.
- A. Pal, B. S. Chhikara, A. Govindaraj, S. Bhattacharya, C. N. R. Rao, “Synthesis and properties of novel nanocomposites made of single-walled carbon nanotubes and low molecular mass organogels and their thermo-responsive behavior triggered by near IR radiation”. J. Mater. Chem., 2008, 18, 2593-2600.
- K. S. Subrahmanyam, S. R. C. Vivekchand, A. Govindaraj, C. N. R. Rao, “A study of graphenes prepared by different methods: characterization, properties and solubilisation”, J. Mater. Chem., 2008, 18, 1517-1523.
- S. R. C. Vivekchand, C. S. Rout, K. S. Subrahmanyam, A. Govindaraj, C. N. R. Rao, “Graphene-based electrochemical supercapacitors”, J. Chem. Sci., 2008, 120, 9-13.
- M. Maaza, T. Mhlungu, M. O. Ndwandwe, N. Cingo, A. C. Beye, A. Govindaraj, C. N. R. Rao,”On the possible optical resonance in carbon nanotubes based cavities” Int.
J. Nanotechnol.,2007, 4, 638-650.
- L. S. Panchalkarla, A. Govindaraj, C. N. R. Rao, “Nitrogen- and boron-doped double-walled carbon nanotubes, ACS Nano, 2007, 1, 494-500.
- K. P. Rao, A. Govindaraj, C. N. R. Rao, “A manganese sulfite with extended metal-oxygen-metal bonds exhibiting hydrogen uptake”, J. Solid State Chem.,2007, 180, 3571-3575.
- A. Das, A. K. Sood, A. Govindaraj, A. M. Saitta, M. Lazzeri, F. Mauri, C. N. R. Rao, “Doping in carbon nanotubes probed by Raman and transport measurements” Phys. Rev. Lett., 2007, 99, 136803.
- C. S. Rout, M. Hegde, A. Govindaraj, C. N. R. Rao,”Ammonia sensors based on metal oxide nanostructures” Nanotechnology, 2007, 18 (20), 205504.
- A. Govindaraj, S. R. C. Vivekchand, C. N. R. Rao,”Novel vapor phase reactions for the synthesis and modification of carbon nanotubes and inorganic nanowires, : J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 2007, 7, .Sp. Iss. SI, 1695-1702.
- L. S. Panchakarla, A. Govindaraj, “Carbon nanostructures and graphite-coated metal nanostructures obtained by pyrolysis of ruthenocene and ruthenocene-ferrocene mixtures, Bull. Mat. Sci., 2007, 23-29.
- S. Pal, S. R. C. Vivekchand, A. Govindaraj, C. N. R. Rao, “Functionalization and solubilization of BN nanotubes by interaction with Lewis bases”, J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 450-452.