FASc, FNASc, FNA, FTWAS,
Fellow, American Physical Society
Ph.D. IISc Bangalore
Phone: +91 80 2293 2945/2336
Electronic Structure of Solids
Research activities of our group comprise of two distinct areas of condensed matter science, namely strongly correlated electron systems, and nanocrystals in the quantum confinement regime. Combining an array of state-of-the-art experimental as well as theoretical techniques, the main emphasis of the group is in understanding electronic, magnetic and dielectric properties of various classes of transition metal compounds. In the field of semiconductor nanoparticles, our focus is primarily in investigating and tuning electronic, optical and magnetic properties along with elucidating internal structures of complex nanoparticles using novel techniques.
- Banabir Pal, Sumanta Mukherjee, D.D. Sarma, Probing Complex Heterostructures using Hard X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (HAXPES), J. Electron Spectroscopy & Relat. Phenom.200(2015) 332.(Invited).
- Sumanta Mukherjee et al., Role of Boron diusion in CoFeB/MgO magnetic tunnel junctions, Phys. Rev. B 91, (2015)085311.
- Ali Hossain Khan et al., Efficient Solid-State Light-Emitting CuCdS Nanocrystals Synthesized in Air, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54(2015) 2643-2648.
- Soham Mukherjee et al., A microscopic description of the evolution of the local structure and an evaluation of the chemical pressure concept in a solid solution, Phys. Rev. B 89(2014)224105.
- Abhijit Hazarika, Anshu Pandey, and D. D. Sarma, Rainbow Emission from an Atomic Transition in Doped Quantum Dots, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 5(2014)2208.
- S. Middey, Saikat Debnath, Priya Mahadevan, and D. D. Sarma, A high Neel temperature 5d oxide: NaOsO3, Phys. Rev. B 89(2014) 134416.
- Sumanta Mukherjee et al., Beyond the “Coffee Ring”: Re-entrant Ordering in an Evaporation-Driven Self-Assembly in a Colloidal Suspension on a Substrate, J. Phys. Chem. B 118(2014) 2559.
- P. Anil Kumar et al., Re-entrant superspin glass phase in La0.82Ca0.18MnO3 ferromagnetic insulator, Phys. Rev. X 4(2014)011037.
- S. K. Panda et al., NiS – An unusual self-doped, nearly compensated antiferromagnetic metal, Scientific Reports 3(2013)2995.
- Abhijit Hazarik et al., Ultra-narrow and widely tunable Mn2+ Emission from Single Nanocrystals of ZnS-CdS alloy, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110(2013)267401.
- P. Anil Kumar, Sugata Ray, S. Chakraverty, and D. D. Sarma, Engineered spin-valve type magnetoresistance in Fe3O4-CoFe2O4 core-shell nanoparticles, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, (2013)102406
- D. Choudhury et al., Magnetization in electron- and Mn-doped SrTiO3, Scientific Reports 3, (2013)1433.
- Somobrata Acharya et al., A Bottom-Up Approach toward Fabrication of Ultrathin PbS Sheets, Nano Lett. 13(2013)409.
- Celine Gerard, Ruma Das, Priya Mahadevan, and D. D. Sarma, Effective Mass Driven Structural Transition in Mn-doped ZnS Nanoplatelet, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 4(2013)1023.
- D. D. Sarma, P. K. Santra, S. Mukherjee, and A. Nag, X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy: A Unique Tool to Determine the Internal Heterostructure of Nanoparticles, Chem. Mater. 25(2013)1222.
- D. Choudhury et al., Near room-temperature colossal magneto dielectricity and multiglass properties in partially-disordered La2NiMnO6, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, (2012)127201.