Helpline Numbers of SSCU Office Staff in case of any interview related issues –
- Ms. Channamma – +91-9880055494
- Ms. Geetha – +91 – 8762238362
- Ms. Bavitha – +91 – 9035012162
SOP for Home Interviews
Please find below the SSCU website URL which highlights the research interests, achievements and all academic matters related to SSCU.
We encourage you to browse through the website for gaining knowledge about the department, especially the research interests of various faculty members. Please note the following points about the home interviews for PhD admissions:
- The Interviews will be conducted over Google Meet.
- An interview link will be sent to your e-mail-id as per your application. You will join the Interview using this link. The link will be sent in the morning (for morning batch)/afternoon (for afternoon batch) of the day of your Interview. So, please check your email account frequently before the start of the Interviews. The morning and afternoon interview batches start at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM respectively. Depending on your batch, we request you to be ready with your laptop/desktop computer/mobile phone/tablet for the Interview from 9:00 AM / 2:00 PM onwards. We will allow you to join the interview as and when your turn comes up.
- In case you do not have a Gmail account please create it immediately and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that the microphone and camera of your mobile phone/laptop/tablet/desktop computer are working fine.
- Check for the readiness of your internet connection/electrical power back-ups before the interviews to avoid unnecessary interruptions due to internet interruptions / power failure.
- Keep an adequate number of white sheets and marker pens (black and red color) with you for answering questions. You will have to hold the paper in front of the camera to show us your answers.
- Sit in a well-lit and silent room. All devices (camera, microphone, laptop/desktop computer/mobile phone/tablet) must be operated by you during the interview. Please ensure that no one is present in the room during the interviews.
In addition to the above, please strictly follow all instructions were given to you by the Admissions Section of the Indian Institute of Science with regard to Home Interviews.
Best of luck!