Speaker: Mr. Manoj Kumar Sharma
Research Supervisor: Prof. Satish Patil
Topic: ‘Self-Healing Polymers’
Date & Time: Thursday, 6th October 2022 at 4.00 pm
Venue: SSCU Auditorium (Old SSCU Building)
Self-Healing Polymers are an emerging class of smart materials, that have the capability to heal or repair the damaged material themselves mechanically and physically. Owing to their multiple repairing and mild healing capabilities, Self-Healing Polymers have become one of the insightful topics of current research. However, the development of polymers integrate with high healing ability and mechanical robustness is still an immense challenge.
In the seminar, I will discuss the different methods to approach designing the self-healing properties in the polymeric material, which will elucidate dynamic covalent reformation and the dynamics of supramolecular polymers. Further, I will address the equilibrium that exists between high healing efficacy and mechanical robustness properties in the self-healing polymers, which limits the acquiring the requirement of structural materials.
- Wang S.; Urban M.W. Nat. Rev. Mater. 2020, 5, 562–583.
- Blaiszik B.J.; Kramer S.L.B.; Olugebefola S.C.; Moore J.S.; Sottos N.R.; White S.R., Annu. Rev. Mater. Res., 2010, 40, 179-211.
- Chen X.; Dam MA.; Ono K.; Mal A.; Shen H.; Nutt S.; Sheran K.; Wudl F. Science, 2002, 1, 295, 1698-702.
- Herbst F.; Seiffert S.; Binder W.H.; Polym. Chem., 2012, 3, 3084-3092
- Yanagisawa Y.; Nan Y.; Okuro K.; Aida T.; Science, 2018, 359, 72–76