Topic: Theranoastic applications of upconversion nanoparticles
Date & Time: 17th March 2022 at 4:00 PM through MICROSOFT TEAMS.
Microsoft Teams Link:
Upconversion nanoparticles (UCNPs), particularly lanthanide doped nanocrystals, which emit high energy photons under excitation by near-infrared (NIR) light, have found potential applications in many fields like super resolution imaging, short wavelength lasing, including biomedicine.
In this seminar, I am going to emphasize the various issues, which are related to the theranoastic applications, such as surface funtionalization to improve the biocompatibility, toxic potentiality and enhanced the drug loaded over the surface of UCNPs. I am also going to discuss the mechanism of UCNPs interaction with tissues and modern development of NIR light responsive theranoastic applications through various techniques such as photodynamic therapy (PDT) and photothermal therapy (PTT) for cancer treatment and how the Upconversion process of UCNPs utilize to activate photosensitive therapeutic agents for applications of cancer treatment.
1) Qiu, H.; Tan, M.; Ohulchanskyy, T. Y.; Chen, G. Nanomaterials 2018, 8, 344.
2) Ansari, A.A.; Parchur, A.K.; Chen, G. Coordination Chemistry Reviews 2022, 457, 214423
3) Patel, M.; Meenu, M.; Pandey, J.; Kumar, P.; Patel, R. J. Rare Earths. 2021
4) Liu, K.; Liu, X.; Zeng, Q.; Zhang, Y.; Tu, L.; Liu, T.; Kong, X. ACS Nano 2012, 6, 4054–4062.
5) Zuo, J.; Tu, L.; Li, Q.; Feng, Y.; Que, I.; Zhang, Y.; Liu, X.; Xue, B.; Cruz, L.J.; Chang, Y.; Zhang, H.; Kong, X. ACS Nano, 2018, 12, 3217–25.