Speaker: MANE SHAM JANAK
Topic: Thermochromism in Thermochromic materials
Date & Time: Thursday, 28th October 2021 at 4:00 PM through MICROSOFT TEAMS
Link to Microsoft Teams platform:
Temperature sensitive materials, which are also termed “thermochromic” materials, have received a great interest in recent years. Thermochromic materials are the new class materials whose colour changes with the change in temperature. The thermochromic materials exhibit colour change within a specific temperature range due to the change in their structures, and phase transition and has been widely used in smart textile, security printing, temperature indicator and daily decoration.
In this talk, I will discuss the different types of thermochromic materials, and the mechanism involved in these materials, then two case studies pertaining to the design and application of the same.
- Thermochromic and Thermotropic Materials, Arno Seeboth and Detlef Lötzsch
- Journal of Materials Science & Technology 34 (2018) 2225–2234
- RSC Adv., 2020, 10, 21270
- ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2013,5, 8805−8812
- SCIENTIFIC REPORTS | 4: 6427